Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What I Have Got So Far...

Well since I have already started growing things for this year, I have plenty of seedlings in my greenhouse already. I planted a whole heap last week, and some more today.
So Far I have planted:
Tomato: Oxheart, Roma, Cherry, Tigerella, Grosse Lisse, Assorted Diggers Seeds
Corn: Honeysweet, Bicolour
Zucchini: Blackjack
Pumpkin: Butternut, QLD Blue, Unknown
Capsicum: Colour mix
Peas: Telephone
Beans: Dwarf Climbing, Snake
Baby Spinach, Purple Carrots, Watermelon, Rockmelon, Broccoli, Sunflower, Brown Onion, Cucumber, Basil, Oregano, Thyme and Shallots



I have a friend of mine who is going to teach me how to preserve and make sauces, along with many other goodies! So that is why I am growing so many types of tomatoes. I am hoping between us we will have enough room to grow them all!


Once I get around to it, I will be making proper trays for the green house, which I will use to grow seeds in and the baby spinach in for the entirety of its life, instead of planting it out in the garden. Snails always seem to eat my spinach before I get to it!


I also hope I have luck growing the dwarf beans this year. Last year they half rotted away before sprouting and the other half rotted just after sprouting. I was very disappointed with that. It's not looking so good at the moment as the Snake beans have already come up, and none of the dwarf beans have. But here's hoping they are just late bloomers!


No comments:

Post a Comment